SendX allows you to do A/B test multiple subject lines to figure out which one performs better. As a marketer, we always need to keep on testing and analysing the results, and then adjust accordingly. This A/B Testing feature in SendX allows you to take out a certain percentage of your contact base (at random), and test out multiple variations for a certain duration. After that, SendX will automatically evaluate the results and send out the winner.
Read along to find out how you can do A/B testing on email subject lines.
- Click on the A/B Testing button from the left side panel, and click on Create to create a new A/B Test.
- Click on Email Subject on the white box that appears.
- Give a Name to the A/B Test. Under Variations, add two subject lines which you want to test out. Click on Add Subject Line Variation to add more fields for subject lines (click on the small trash bin icon on the right to delete it).
- Under the Basic tab, add the list/tag/segment you want to send the mail to under Send to Contacts. Edit the Time Zone, Date and Time according to when you want to send out the email.
- Under the Content tab, set the From Name and From Email. Under the field Percentage of contacts for A/B testing, select the percentage of contacts on which you want to test the multiple variations of subject lines.
- Under the fields Wait before deciding for, open the drop-down and select the number of hours/minutes/days you want SendX to wait before sending out the winner of the split test to the other remaining contacts.
- Edit the Email Body etc. and click Submit when you're done to start with the A/B test.
That's it! Now SendX will automatically test the various Subject Lines you entered on the percentage of contacts you set (chosen randomly), and after waiting for the specified time, it will analyze and send out the subject line which performed best.