SendX allows you to do A/B test multiple from names to figure out which one performs better. As a marketer, we always need to keep on testing and analysing the results, and then adjust accordingly. This A/B Testing feature in SendX allows you to take out a certain percentage of your contact base (at random), and test out multiple variations for a certain duration. After that, SendX will automatically evaluate the results and send out the winner.
Read along to find out how you can do A/B testing on from names.
- Click on the A/B Testing button from the left side panel, and click on Create to create a new A/B Test.
- Click on From Name on the white box that appears.
- Give a Name to the A/B Test. Under Variations, add two From Names which you want to test out. Click on Add From Name Variation to add more fields for from names (click on the small trash bin icon on the right to delete it).
- Under the Basic tab, add the list/tag/segment you want to send the mail to under Send to Contacts. Edit the Time Zone, Date and Time according to when you want to send out the email.
- Under the Content tab, set the Subject and From Email. Under the field Percentage of contacts for A/B testing, select the percentage of contacts on which you want to test the multiple variations of from names.
- Under the fields Wait before deciding for, open the drop-down and select the number of hours/minutes/days you want SendX to wait before sending out the winner of the split test to the other remaining contacts.
- Edit the Email Body etc. and click Submit when you're done to start with the A/B test.
That's it! Now SendX will automatically test the various From Names you entered on the percentage of contacts you set (chosen randomly), and after waiting for the specified time, it will analyze and send out the from name which performed best.